Friday, 2 July 2010

M/M Interview with Enrico Libani

Image of Enrico Libani provided by Enrico Libani for exclusive use. All rights reserved.

This exclusive interview with Enrico Libani of Cesare Attolini was conducted by Nicola Linza and Cristoffer Neljesjö in New York during July 2010


1. Tell us a bit about yourself, your background and how you became the U.S. spokesman for Cesare Attolini? I have been working in the fashion industry since 1984, mostly representing Italian and French luxury/fashion brands. In 1996 our company started distributing Cesare Attolini and the business has grown ever since both with the wholesale and direct marketing retail divisions.


2. How would you describe your style? Classic with modern esthetics, however, most importantly I have always been passionate about quality.


3. Describe Cesare Attolini style in one word. It’s “Flawless” – British elegance – Italian execution.


4. If you were starting a wardrobe from scratch, and money is no object, name the essentials you must own. A tuxedo, a blue blazer, a blue chalk strike suit, a grey sharkskin suit, a grey Prince of Wales sports jacket, a flannel and a worsted grey trousers, a single-breasted classic navy topcoat, a dozen white shirts, a few navy ties, a vintage blue jeans. Everything must fit perfectly, of course, my shoe maker would take care of the rest.


5. What is your favorite hotel in the world? Moreover, why? Plaza Athene in Paris because it is old-world style projected into the 21st century in the most magical city in the world.


6. If you could chose any painter in the world (living or dead) to make a portrait of you, who would it be? What would you wear? And where in your house would this painting hang? Michelangelo. I would wear my striped navy blue suit, my white shirt and my navy tie. Wife permitting, I would hang the picture at the entrance (just kidding).


7. It is 1970 and we are meeting in Rome for a private party hosted by Luchino Visconti. What are you wearing? In addition, whom do you want to meet? I would be wearing my grey sharkskin suit, my white shirt and the navy blue tie. I would like to meet Sophia Loren, Valentino and Woody Allen.


The above interview with Enrico Libani 2010 © Manner of Man Magazine. All rights reserved. Reproduction is strictly prohibited without written permission.