Thursday, 27 January 2011

M/M Interview with Jonas Roslund

Image of Jonas Roslund (on left) provided by Divanti. All rights reserved.

This exclusive interview with Jonas Roslund was conducted by Nicola Linza and Cristoffer Neljesjö in Gislaved, Sweden during January 2011


Why did you start Divanti?

I fulfilled a dream of having my own shop after working in sales both in stores and out in the field where I discovered that I enjoy being on a higher retail level.


What prompted your interest in finely made menswear?

I have been interested in fine clothing from the age of 10, and it has evolved since then.


Please describe your personal style

I have a classic Italian style and often wear a suit or an odd jacket with chinos or sometimes even jeans. I really like the Boglioli jackets with a washed look and I prefer the colours brown, light grey, navy blue and off-white, as well as orange, apple green and coral for pants and accessories.


A man tells you he requires a total look for a mid-week business meeting, what would you suggest?

It depends on where in the world the meeting is held but in general I would recommend a grey micro-patterned suit with a nice light blue shirt, a navy blue tie, a pocket square and a pair of brown shoes.


What criteria do you apply when viewing and selecting items for the store?

The quality should be in relation to the price, and not in relation to the brand or label.


It is 1970 and we are meeting up at a party that Luchino Visconti is having in Rome. What are you wearing? In addition, whom do we want to meet?

In Fall I would wear a light grey pinstripe double breasted suit with brown suede shoes, a white shirt with a silver-grey tie and a paisley pocket square.

In Spring/Summer I would wear a cream white linen double-breasted suit with a white linen shirt, champagne coloured tie, light suede shoes with coloured socks and a white panama hat.

The above interview with Jonas Roslund 2011 © Manner of Man Magazine/Welldressed. All rights reserved. Reproduction is strictly prohibited without written permission from the publisher.